top of page
Work Visas: Projects

Work Visa

Image by Christopher Burns

Living and working in Canada has been a life-changing experience for many Foreign Workers. 

With plans to increase the yearly immigration levels each year, Canada understands the countless contributions that new immigrants have when it comes to helping build a successful future for all Canadians.

Chat with us to learn how to become a Foreign Worker in Canada!

Learn More about the Process

The Government of Canada has different rules when it comes to Work-Visas, depending on where you are from or your intended occupations for example.

Different ways to get a work-permit:

  • International Experience Canada (IEC).

  • Temporary Foreign Worker.

  • Business People under the NAFTA.

  • Francophone Mobility Program.

  • Post Graduation Work Permit. 

  • Open Work Permit.


International Experience Canada

This international agreement between Canada and many other countries allows people aged between 18 to 35 years to come to Canada. This agreement has three programs which are: Working Holiday, Young Professionals, and International Co-op. Depending on your country of Citizenship, some programs under IEC might not be available to you and the age might differ. 

In order to be eligible under this program, you need to be a citizen of Australia, Austria, Belgium, Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, San Marino, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Ukraine or the United Kingdom.


Depending on which country you are from, you might be eligible to receive an LMIA-exempt working visa for a duration of 6 months, or one to two years.

The IEC program is great if you would like to come to Canada temporarily or if you plan to get your permanent residency in the future. 

Process to apply:

  • Online Application.

  • Enter the Pool of Candidates.

  • Receive an Invitation to Apply.

  • Send your application to the Government of Canada.

  • Receive a Work Visa. 

  • Come to Canada.

Email us to know more about the International Experience Class



Temporary Foreign Worker

In order to be eligible to become a Temporary Foreign Worker, you will need to get “sponsored” by your Canadian Employer. Your employer must first apply for a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) to Employment Social Development Canada before you can start your Work-Permit application.

Depending on your intended occupation in Canada, some requirements under the LMIA process might be exempt (e.i. agricultural stream). The Government of Canada recognizes what occupations are in-need and ease requirements for workers to come faster to Canada to fill the shortage of workforce.


Process to Apply:

  • Find a Canadian Employer.

  • Employer will apply for an LMIA.

  • Employer will send the approved LMIA to the Applicant.

  • The applicant will apply for a work visa.

  • Receive work visa from the Government of Canada.

  • Come to Canada.

If you would like to receive more information on how to get a work-visa under the Foreign Worker program, send us an email! 

If you do not have an employer at the moment, visit the "Find an Employer" page on this Website to see how we can help you in finding employment in Canada. 


Business People under NAFTA

Under the current NAFTA agreement between Canada, USA, and Mexico, there are four different programs available to business people:

  • Business Visitor (LMIA and work permit-exempt)

  • Professionals (LMIA exempt – Work Permit required)

  • Intra-Company transferees (LMIA exempt – Work Permit required)

  • Traders and investors (LMIA exempt – Work Permit required)

Francophone Mobility Program

French-speaking immigrants contribute to the strength and prosperity of Canada while adding to Canada’s rich cultural and linguistic diversity. Francophone immigration plays a role in maintaining the vitality of Francophone and Acadian communities across Canada and it also helps address labour market needs and helps sustain Canada as a bilingual country. The Government is focused on achieving its target of 4.4% Francophone Immigration outside the province of Quebec by 2023. 


The Francophone Mobility Program helps Francophone foreign workers to immigrate to Canada as they are exempt from having an LMIA. Being exempt from having an LMIA makes the process much easier, faster, and more efficient. 

Process to Apply:

  • Find an Employer in Canada.

  • Apply for a work visa.

  • Receive your work visa. 

  • Come to Canada.

In order to be successful in your application, you will need to prove that you have experience in the job being offered to you as well as proving the Immigration Officer that you speak French. 

Our Immigration Consultant speaks French fluently. Send him an email if you would like to receive more information on how to immigrate to Canada as a Francophone! 

Post Graduation Work Permit

The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) allows students who have graduated from an eligible Canadian University or College to obtain an open work permit to gain valuable Canadian work experience. 

A post-graduation work permit may be issued based on the length of the study program for a minimum of 8 months up to a maximum of 3 years.

Process to Apply:

  • Graduate from an eligible Canadian University or College.

  • Apply for PGWP. 

  • Receive an Open work permit for up to 3 years. 

Important Note: International student graduates who apply for a PGWP before the expiry of their study permit are eligible to work full time without a work permit while waiting for a decision on their application. Applicants remain eligible to work full time without a work permit while waiting for a decision on their application even after leaving and re-entering the country. 

Learn more or book your consultation today!



Open Work Permit

An open work permit can be issued to a foreign national only under one of the Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) exemptions.

A foreign national may apply for an open work permit outside Canada, at a port of entry, or after arrival to Canada, as per program requirements.

Who is Eligible for an Open Work Permit?

  • Applicants for permanent residence from within Canada.

  • Open work permit for vulnerable workers.

  • Refugee Claimants and those under an unenforceable order.

  • Humanitarian reasons

  • Canada World Youth Program Participants

  • Working Holiday Participant under International Experience Canada.

  • Spouses or Common-law partners of skilled workers.

  • Spouses or Common-law partners of international students. 

  • Bridging Open Work Permit. 

  • Open work permit pilot program for permanent residence applicants in the spouse or common-law partner in Canada Class.

  • Post Graduation Work Permit.

  • Post-secondary co-op and secondary co-op

If you would like to receive more information if you are eligible to apply for an Open work permit, send us an email. 


To maintain the 2016 demographic share of the francophone population in Canada outside of Quebec, 275,000 new French-speaking immigrants would be required by 2036.

In the 10th year after landing, bilingual immigrants to Canada had higher average employment earnings ($51,000) compared to other immigrants ($49,000).

There are many reasons why Canada isn’t just a great place to visit, offering beautiful landscapes and multicultural cities, but a great place to work and live. With a developed and stable economy, growing job market, and a strong, reliable, and most importantly, unbiased immigration system, Canada is the right place to thrive in your professional and personal life.


Fidus Immigration is here to help you get the right information on how to get a work visa. We are also here for you through every step of your work-permit process and through the steps in getting your Canadian Permanent Residency after your arrival in Canada.  

Contact us or book your consultation now. It will be an honor to help you in your immigration journey to Canada.

Work Visas: Contact


Bridgeland - Calgary, ALberta, Canada


Thanks for submitting!

  • Black LinkedIn Icon
  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon
bottom of page